Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Replacing Side Panel on a Aluminum Case

• Please log in to reply

Corwin_Trueblood

Corwin_Trueblood

• PipPip
  • 32 posts
Is there anyway to replace the side panel with a more open one so I can get better air flow? My board has been running a tad warm and I am replacing the chipset fan with a fan/heatsink but I'd like to add a side panel fan if possible.

Is there anyway to do this?

Thanks

Advertisements

isimaster

isimaster

• PipPipPip
  • 225 posts
Google: Side case panel

Corwin_Trueblood

Corwin_Trueblood

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
Yeah but thats not really helping since I don't want to have to actually cut the side panel myself I don't have the steady hands for that.

Just want to be able to order a precut side panel with at least 1 fan opening in it that I can just then install

isimaster

isimaster

• PipPipPip
  • 225 posts
google: replace computer side panel

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hello Corwin_Trueblood

Side panels are pretty much case specific, so finding a replacement panel for your case may be a real crap shoot. There are some sites like CrazyPC that offer case modding supplies, but finding a pre-made side cover for your case will probably be just about impossible.

Have you looked into using more efficient fans in place of the ones you have?

wannabe1

Corwin_Trueblood

Corwin_Trueblood

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
Not yet but I am waiting for my new chipset/heatsink to come in the mail so I can replace the old one that isn't working right

Though the case I have is a Lian-LI PC7 Silver Aluminum case