Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Search engines

• Please log in to reply

dtarsi

dtarsi

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi---I'm really at my wits end! I have a Dell laptop (700MHZ) that we recently loaded some Symantec upgrades and a new firewall subscription. All loadings were OK. Then later we tried to search for an item on the google search engine. The computer showed all green bars in the lower activity slot and then froze up! We could access any web site with explorer 6, but could not get the search to work. We then tried Yahoo and had the same stall of the search engine. I thought it may be our wireless internet card and tried the search on our base comuter, all worked well. I then removed the wireless internet card from my laptop and allowed it to cool. Sometimes these Dell's get hot and the PC card will mal-function. I suspect something happend to the registry. I presently do not have the capability of a system error dump. I did press Ctr-Alt- Del and it showed Taskmgr not responding, also, explorer had to be ended to clear the operation. Can some help? Thanks.

Dave

Edited by dtarsi, 08 May 2005 - 09:01 AM.

Advertisements

MR0624

MR0624

• PipPipPip
  • 367 posts
Ok, I don't think this has to do with the PC card and I doubt it is a registry error. Now, all other sites work, correct?