Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Can you explain what these people are saying?

• Please log in to reply

JerryTonka

JerryTonka

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I found this link after a long train of thought that lead me to wanting to know how web site background stuff works. Long story short, I found this web page and I found it really interesting.
http://www.codingfor...p/t-101643.html
I unfortunately don't understand much of it. It's from 2006 six and this forum looks more lively so I thought it would make more sense posting here. I was also obviously out of depth on that forum. So this guy wants to make his web page pop up window open up but in the code he chooses? Not the predetermined HTML code that the web page. Sorry, I don't know much about web page building. The other guy offers him a script and then he runs it. How does this work? Sorry I can't be really clear. I just need it explained out more.

Advertisements

JerryTonka

JerryTonka

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Sorry for the multiple posting of this topic. I didn't do that on purpose. I think I hit "Publish Post" maybe too many times when I was previewing it to see what I had written looked like.

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Are you referring to the popup window from a link or the JavaScript coding relating to the Flash player?

JerryTonka

JerryTonka

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
The Java script part. How is the scrip helping the guy view this window and in what is he viewing this all in? A program or through a browser?

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Seems the link tags have JS used to open the link in a new window/tab. The other JS is for controlling some parameters for the media file to be played. All this will be viewed via a user's browser...unless they have JavaScript turned off. Then I hope they have the proper noscript tags inserted.

Metallica

Metallica

Spyware Veteran

• GeekU Moderator
  • 33,101 posts

Sorry for the multiple posting of this topic. I didn't do that on purpose. I think I hit "Publish Post" maybe too many times when I was previewing it to see what I had written looked like.

I deleted the copies. No problem. Happens to the best of us.:)

Carry on.