Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

need video controller vga compatable for xp sp2

• Please log in to reply

djmarzy

djmarzy

• PipPipPip
  • 134 posts
hi there!!!

just wonderd if any 1 can help me get video controller vga compatable for windows xp with sp2
im only managing to find this http://update.micros...t.aspx?ln=en-us in all other forums
i dont want to use this 1 because it wants to install sp3 and i would like to stay on sp2

im only trying to find video controller vga compatable because i dont have any ideas what my video card is if any 1 can help with this id be verry greatful.
thanks.

---laptop info---

make - tohiba
product type - satelite pro
series - L
model - PSLA4
shors model no - PSLA4E
os - xp + sp2

Edited by djmarzy, 04 March 2009 - 07:59 AM.

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
....i'm not sure what you're asking? are you wanting to update the driver for your video card?...the satelite pro is a laptop isn't it? you can't really upgrade the PHYSICAL video card (as in the hardware)

djmarzy

djmarzy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts
hi dsenette

in my device manager my video controler (vga comapable) has a yellow ? with ! (other devices).

yes the satelite pro is a laptop. recently i reinstalled xp and my video driver encounters an error when i use surtine software (virtual dj) i use for work. my friend told me i needed to install a video driver.

Attached Thumbnails

• untitled.JPG

Edited by djmarzy, 04 March 2009 - 08:15 AM.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
you'll need to get the drivers from toshiba....are there any other model numbers or serial numbers or anything like that on the laptop? i'm having trouble finding anything with the numbers you gave

djmarzy

djmarzy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts
toshiba satelite l100 - 179
model no psla3e-02201qen
serial no 86028772w

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
This should be your video driver

if you enter all your PC info Here you can probably find your other missing drivers too

the reason i couldn't find it the first time is because you've got a europe only model

djmarzy

djmarzy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts
thanks dsenette i love this site lol. ill try it out thanks . (the reason i couldn't find it the first time is because you've got a europe only model ) that probly explains why iv had lots of trouble finding things. thanks again great help.

djmarzy

djmarzy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts
hi again im back :) . i searched and could not find any thing :)

djmarzy

djmarzy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts
the video controller worked perfect it fixed the problem i hoped it would fix tanks again brilliant help. can i ask what is pci modem and is it important.