Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Computer Errors

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 1 posts

My friend recommended me to ask this forum for my PC issues.

Im a fairly experienced PC user and have never really had any significant issues until now.
I built my first PC from the ground up off one of the barebones kits off Tigerdirect.com

I used my old harddrives and connectors but the Motherboard and Cpu were new. My graphics card is a Radeon X1650 series.

Here are the new parts.

XFX MG-63Mi-7159 GeForce 7150 Socket 775 MB

Intel Quad Core Kentsfield 2.4Ghz Q6600 CPU

Power Up Silver 5511 ATX Mid-T Case w/450w PSU

Masscool Intel Socket 775 Copper Core CPU Fan

The issues Ive suddenly started to run into is that my PC would randomly Lockup. Sometimes the computer would lag down to a halt then wind up with a Blue screen of death. Whats really strange is after I reboot, my monitor does not detect a signal and from what I can tell, the PC does not boot correctly. Theres no windows sound like its booting up. Ive solved it randomly so far by reconnecting my DVI-D cables and turning on and off the PC until the PC decides to suddenly boot properly. Its been quite the hassle.

Im not sure if it is Heating or that there is a hardware issue, or if the graphics card has issues.
The PC ran fine on these new parts for about 3 months and now only have these issues began showing up.
Im using artic silver on my CPU with a nice big cooling fan that keeps it at a nice 36-40 degrees celsuis idle and a 60 on load. The graphics card always ran around 50 idle and 60-80 on heavy loads, but it has its own fan and is not overclocked at all.

as far as i know the 3 sata harddrives are fine, and nothing else can come to mind.
Any help?