Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Computer Beeping

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi Everyone

Basically, this is what happen, 2 nights ago, I decided to upload photos from my SD card, bad ideaaa. The computer froze and the light for my integrated card freeze was on. I did a cold shut down and reopen it, and then the computer started beeping, while the light stay on and the computer won't turn on, stay in a blank screen.

It is a continous beep with the 3rd beep, beeping a bit longer.

HELP!!, Cant do anything atm.

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
Hi DaveGoodmen ...welcome to Geeks To Go... :)
those are bios beep codes...you get them when the computer can't get booted far enough for the monitor to start working...
what is the make and model of your computer....
also tell me the exact series of beeps...like 2 short and 1 long or whatever...they actually tell us what the problem is...

Edited by happyrock, 04 March 2009 - 11:59 AM.