Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Can't open files or log-in?

• Please log in to reply

youknowidont

youknowidont

• Pip
  • 2 posts
For the past two days I can't seen to open any files or internet pages unless I click on them like 20 times in a row. The issue isn't me clicking to many times and making the computer think, it literally will not open anything unless I do this.

Also I'm on Vista and now I can't log-in to my normal user account. It keeps telling me the password is wrong when It's not. It actually logged me in for about two minutes and then shut down saying the password was incorrect.

I've run a few anti-virus softwares and they are not finding anything.

Any ideas?

Advertisements

wizzy2k5

wizzy2k5

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,057 posts

Also I'm on Vista and now I can't log-in to my normal user account. It keeps telling me the password is wrong when It's not. It actually logged me in for about two minutes and then shut down saying the password was incorrect.

If you have lost or forgotten your password for logging in to a computer running the Windows Vista operating system, there are a few different options:

If you created a password reset disk for Windows Vista, you can use that disk to reset the password on your account. For more information on how to create and use password reset disks go to the Microsoft Knowledge Base:

How to create and use a password reset disk in Windows Vista

If you don't have a password reset disk, the other option is to log on as the Administrator (or to have the person who is the machine's Administrator log on) and change the password for your user account.

If you don't know the Administrator password, and don't have a password reset disk, then you will not be able to log on to Windows Vista, and will need to reinstall the operating system and recreate any user accounts.

As far as your other issue is concerned I would advise for you to do the following.

Your computer can become slow for many reasons, one of which can be malware so I would like you to get a quick check for malware over at our malware removal forum. I reccomend that you read the following topic here and then post your problem here.

Please post your problem there where our experts will be more than happy to assist you :) If your problem is still presant after the removal of any malware please return to this topic.

Regards