Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Seeking step by step guide to install PCAnywhere - XP at host/Vista at

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have just purchased PCAnywhere to use as a means of connecting the laptop I use when on the road (which runs Windows Vista on it) to my office computer (running Windows XP on it) which sits behind a Netgear router. I thought this would be a simple setup however, despite reading the manual on the cd, I have yet to have any luck connecting.

Would anyone be aware of a guide to assist in this? Or is someone familiar with the product enough to create such a quick reference guide? I am fairly technical so I would be able to follow the guide quite easily.

I would greatly appreciate any help you could provide.

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Need to do port forwarding on your router and/or system firewall.
Most routers have a Port Forwarding entry already for PcAnywhere so it's simply a case of applying it, on occasion restarting the router (some you do, some you don't) and it should then work.