Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

YAHOO GONE NASTY

• Please log in to reply

Miss Pop

Miss Pop

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Hi all.....

Got a message about javascript whilst opening yahoo - managed to click 'switch to old version' not being bothered to do anything at the time (!) and yahoo is now in such an old version its almost in stone!

Been into internet options and made sure that scripting section is all 'enabled'as was instructed to do from yahoo and it's made no difference.

I hate the old yahoo - does anyone out there know how to get back to the nice new yahoo??

Thank you!!!!

Miss Pop x

:tazz:

Advertisements

MR0624

MR0624

• PipPipPip
  • 367 posts
Old version? So you can't access anything in yahoo? I need some more details....

MR0624

Miss Pop

Miss Pop

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Hiya MR0624

Not sure how to explain it.. not very computer literate :tazz:

Yahoo mail page is accessible but lost all my preferences; its almost like when you're in the 'plain' text version, without colours or images, but I haven't got the option to change it in the 'options' section.

I have made sure the scripting section of internet options are all enabled but it makes no difference.

I suppose its cosmetic as I can access my messages.

Thank you!

Miss Pop x

MR0624

MR0624

• PipPipPip
  • 367 posts
Ok, I currently have the same thing happening in my yahoo too. I'll do some research and see if there's anything listed in yahoo help.

MR0624

Miss Pop

Miss Pop

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Star! That'd be great! x

coachwife6

coachwife6

SuperStar

• Retired Staff
  • 11,413 posts
Have you tried to update java?

Miss Pop

Miss Pop

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Hi CoachWife6

Thanks for the suggestion....just tried that and no change!

Miss Pop x

coachwife6

coachwife6

SuperStar

• Retired Staff
  • 11,413 posts
Not real familiar with Yahoo, but do they have an update page? Can you remove yahoo from the add/remove section and reinstall it?

MR0624

MR0624

• PipPipPip
  • 367 posts
yahoo isn't a program so it can't be uninstalled. I've looked for buttons that might change the mode or something but no such luck...I'll keep on researching....

MR0624

smcasey

smcasey

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I had this same problem. I use Norton Internet Security, and what I did to fix the problem was log off Yahoo mail, then momentarily turn off Norton, then log back on to Yahoo mail. Yahoo mail then apparently auto-detected that javascript was enabled because I then had the new version of Yahoo mail back. I then made sure to turn Norton right back on (I was paranoid that i'd get nailed during the momentary lapse!)

I presume Norton was blocking some attempt by Yahoo mail to check whether the browser had javascript enabled, so kept defaulting back to the old mail version when its attempts were blocked by Norton.

Hope this works for you.

Steve

coachwife6

coachwife6

SuperStar

• Retired Staff
  • 11,413 posts
Thanks Steve. :tazz:

Miss Pop

Miss Pop

• Topic Starter
  • Pip