Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Quick launch tool bar disappears after restart

• Please log in to reply

jimhaynes

jimhaynes

• PipPip
  • 36 posts
After I restart the Quick Launch tool bar disappear and the icons on my desktop no longer are in alphabetical order as the were before restart. I am able to restore the Quick Launch tool bar and resort the icons, but I must do this on every restart. This is the only one of my computers that have this problem.
Windown XP Professional, SP3

Advertisements

R-C

R-C

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
Try this and see if it helps, right click a clear area of your desktop put cursor on Arrange icons by> check Align to Grid, show desktop icons, lock web items on desktop. You may also select to arrange alphabetically.

Now go down to taskbar and right click clear area check lock taskbar, put cursor on toolbars> check quick launch bar.

jimhaynes

jimhaynes

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Try this and see if it helps, right click a clear area of your desktop put cursor on Arrange icons by> check Align to Grid, show desktop icons, lock web items on desktop. You may also select to arrange alphabetically.

Now go down to taskbar and right click clear area check lock taskbar, put cursor on toolbars> check quick launch bar.

I tried all that and no luck.