Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Numerous problems w/ firefox,mouse,clock..Help Me Please

• Please log in to reply

Stroomz

Stroomz

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
Hey everyone again, let me start by saying i have just recently had loads of help fixing and cleaning my computer by another member on here in the malware section. Now he helped me to fix all the problems of the computer with viruses and what not, but now simple programs seem to not work at all..ill try to list and describe the problems.

My mouse scroll button stopped working after all the cleaning.
The clock will not stay at the right time and is almost stuck in Military time it seems.
The most annoying problem is when i try to view certain websites with firefox. For example Facebook.com will load and i can view my homepage most of the time, but whenever trying to view a profile or any other link it will not load, it will say in the bottom corner something along the lines of- transferring date from static.ak.fbcdn.net.....
Also on other pages certain images will not show.

If there is any other info you need ill will post it!

Thanks!

Advertisements

Artellos

Artellos

Tech Secretary

• Global Moderator
  • 3,915 posts
Hello Stroomz,

I'll try to assist you with these problems.

What mouse do you have? Did your mouse need any drivers to operate?
Also, what make / model is your computer?

The clock will not stay at the right time and is almost stuck in Military time it seems.

You say it's stuck in Military time, I assume you normally viewed the clock by AM/PM?

The most annoying problem is when i try to view certain websites with firefox. For example Facebook.com will load and i can view my homepage most of the time, but whenever trying to view a profile or any other link it will not load, it will say in the bottom corner something along the lines of- transferring date from static.ak.fbcdn.net.....

I think this has to do with Javascript / Java.

Can you give us any examples?

Regards,
Olrik

Stroomz

Stroomz

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Hello Stroomz,

I'll try to assist you with these problems.

What mouse do you have? Did your mouse need any drivers to operate?
Also, what make / model is your computer?

Well the mouse is a Compaq, and the left button has been braking lately so i believe the mouse might just be braking over time so i am not worrying about that ill buy a new one.

Its a Windows Xp, Emachines-T3958....any other info needed just ask.

You say it's stuck in Military time, I assume you normally viewed the clock by AM/PM?

Yes.

I think this has to do with Javascript / Java.

Yes i think your right because in the whole cleaning process i reinstalled the java and removed all older versions and updates...so maybe something was not installed correctly? or something is missing?

Can you give us any examples?

I think this complies with the above question, it has to do with the java some how.

Regards,
Olrik

Artellos

Artellos

Tech Secretary

• Global Moderator
  • 3,915 posts
Hello Stroomz,

Try to get Java from here.
Remove it completely from Add/Remove Programs then re-install it from that link.

Regards,
Olrik