Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

question about web design

• Please log in to reply

duckhunter

duckhunter

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
I am looking to create my own web site and I have seen many web design software that are available on the market. I am an amateur My last web page I created was ten years ago in a freshman college course. (using Html). I want to create a site that allows others to download pics from my site to there cell phone, are computer. This is not some big business venture so I dont have alot of money to spend just looking to create a site where I can post some of my pics and let people download them for free. will the software like dreamweaver or some other help me achieve this? any advice will be much appreciated.
thanks
Duck hunter :)

Advertisements

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Dreamweaver is not the do all, be all solution to web site design. Too much hype and bad code writing in most cases. BUT, if you need to use a Visual Editor then it is one way to go. A free one with with less bells and whistles is KompoZer. I'm sure there are many more free Visual Editors available.

You are going to need a good site that allows scripting languages and a database if you want to set up a good Photo gallery. Might look into using the FREE app called Gallery.

Getting downloads to cell phones I think will take a little more effort, but I'm sure there is applications for doing just that as T-Mobile and others have it set up for their customers to upload/download images by computer/cellphone.