Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

What makes a computer what it is

• Please log in to reply

chad.jordan93

chad.jordan93

• PipPip
  • 28 posts
What makes a computer a dell or ibm or what ever other types is it the hard drive or what i know it is kinda a nube question i am just still in the process of learning

Advertisements

charge06

charge06

• PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
Dell is the the manufacturer and design the computer. kind of like ford and dodge. diff brands but basicly the same stuff under the hood.

You can always build ur own for much cheaper

chad.jordan93

chad.jordan93

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
yeah..
i just dont want to go out and buy vista or what ever.. so i just wanted to see if i can use the disc that came my dell desktop on the computer i am going to be building here very soon

charge06

charge06

• PipPipPip
  • 159 posts

yeah..
i just dont want to go out and buy vista or what ever.. so i just wanted to see if i can use the disc that came my dell desktop on the computer i am going to be building here very soon

you prob wont be able to, the disk that came with ur dell should be an OEM copy meaning it will only work on that dell, retail copies can be installed on diff computer only one comp at a time. OEM can only be installed on 1 computer and will die with the computer

chad.jordan93

chad.jordan93

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
oh ok yeah i am just going to go with linux
thanks for the info