Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

PC freezes after 10-30 seconds

• Please log in to reply

Macdi

Macdi

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi, I have a problem with my laptop. It freezes after 10-30 seconds.
The problem started since yesterday. I was extracting a rar file when it froze, so I restarted the computer and it only loaded until the welcome page and froze. However after several restarts and safe mode logins it arrives at the desktop page (with almost all of the files missing both in the desktop and my document however the files still populate the C drive as only little space is left on the C drive as before) and freezes after 10-30 seconds, while working extremely slowly during this time. I am unable to complete the system restore as it freezes by the time it reaches the 2nd and 3rd step of the systems restore.
I have also started to get a message saying srtsexcl.dat is corrupted please run Chkdsk.
Can anyone help me solve this problem? I need the files on the computer as I’m a student and they are weeks and weeks of work.
Many Thanks

Advertisements