Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

HELP ME PLEASE - Acer Aspire 5050-3110 crashes

• Please log in to reply

Gevurah

Gevurah

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Well my friend brought her laptop to me yesterday because it was working very slow lately, silly me decided to skip any attempt to actually fix the computer and just reformat it, she didnt have any problem with this so i just downloaded the laptop's drivers and procceded to format the laptop.
Everything was working perfectly, i formated the HD, the files were copied and installed, and when it showed me the window to input the Username and Password the keyboard and the mouse stopped working, i know the computer still works because when i push the Off button it actually turns off.
Now, at first i thought my mistake was to install windows XP, because when she bought her laptop it came with Vista, so i installed Vista instead, but the same thing happened, everything was ok until it asked me to input username and password, same thing happened again...
Then i thought my mistake was to put a password, so i tried to skip this window by, during the installation, choosing not to have a password, and it indeed skiped this window in XP, but as soon as it showed me the desktop, the same thing happened over again, both the keyboard and the mouse stopped working, and again i could just push the Off button to turn it off.

Here are the specifications of the Laptop:

Acer Aspire 5050-3110
*AMD Turion 64 Mobile Technology MK36 (2.0 GHz, 512KB L2 cache)
*ATI Radeon Xpress 1100
*512MB DDR2

I dont know if any of you know or have heard of a similar problem, or if this is a known issue of this model, or anything like that...
I appreciate very much your time and help, thanks in advance, looking forward to read any comments.

Advertisements

Gevurah

Gevurah

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Nevermind now, it all seemed to be a battery issue, as soon as i removed the battery the laptop started working properly
Thanks anyway