Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Suspected Malware-- not sure how to handle =\

• Please log in to reply

MsMiz

MsMiz

• Pip
  • 7 posts
Hey all

Earlier today my computer blue screened and one of the stop codes was a 0xC code. I try to google this stuff and get more info before I bug yous guys with questions, and I believe that particular code refers to a sort of malware? Didn't find much out how to help FIX it, but maybe someone could help point me in the right direction.

A few symptoms my computer is displaying:

-Sudden ventrilo crash and upon reconnect, buttons and text were missing altogether
-After opening an internet browser, I noticed my desktop was missing buttons, text, and symbols (start button text and symbols were missing)
-A few missing boxes of various windows are blacked out and a few remain BLANK buttons-- no text/symbols

I also ran my anti-virus/anti-spyware program and it caught nothing :)

I hope my computer isn't too sick =(
I have a hijackthis log available if need be.

Edited by MsMiz, 06 March 2009 - 11:39 PM.

Advertisements