Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

CSS lag issue

• Please log in to reply

Noobish

Noobish

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi, Dunno if im posting in the right spot but anyway.

I have CSS i downloaded from steam (use to own the game but am missing one of the disc's so i used my old Product Key to DL from Steam). Basically when i play CSS i have no lag issues expect for if someone uses certain items. Like: Smoke Grenades, Frag Grenades, FlashLights, NightVision. These are the only things i lag with and even then im not really lagging with ping of still around 15-30

This issue never use to happen on my old laptop and that had a crappier graphix card then the intergrated one im using now. Is there a fix to this? like some sort of file missing? i just dont know what to do lol kinda hard to shoot someone in smoke when yours fps rate goes down to something like 5 fps from max 72.

Advertisements

Unfortunato

Unfortunato

• PipPip
  • 54 posts
Have you tried updating your graphics driver?

Noobish

Noobish

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Tried... im completely up-to-date on all drivers. Brand new computer (less then 2 months old)
I think it might be my GFX card ofc (easy to guess there) but what i dont understand is that even if i turn the GFX to the POOREST quality imaginable i still get massive FPS lag on all Major lighting in the game.
What im hoping for, is there anyway to "tweak" or downgrade the GFX settings in CS or my actual GFX card to make lighting (all lighting) not cause me to lag so hardcore?
as stated previously.. this is NOT a ping issue.

Unfortunato

Unfortunato

• PipPip
  • 54 posts
You can try lowering your ingame video system. Some people purposely smoke frag to lag you:

http://www.spawnpoin...-smoke_lag.html

Sometimes it's the graphic card's fault, may I know your gfx specs? Sorry if I'm not of much help, I'll try to learn some more about this.