Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Vista Colour Scheme Invalid

• Please log in to reply

helpme768

helpme768

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
It's very hard to describe what's happened with words, but this picture will probably make you understand the problem:

Posted Image
As you can see, the whole text has disappeared and some of the contents of it are totally hidden/unavailable.'

If anyone has any idea of the problem, please reply. I'm using a Danish Copy of Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium 32-bit.

Any help is appreciated :)

Advertisements

helpme768

helpme768

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
Hmm.. seems the "geeks" here are too slow :) Because I have just fixed it today :)

rxkevco

rxkevco

• PipPipPip
  • 461 posts
Hi there, ,
Very glad to see that you managed to sort out your problem without any help from the forum, but it would be very useful to other members who encounter a similar problem if you could re post with some information regarding HOW you managed to solve the problem yourself.

Cheers, , kev

helpme768

helpme768

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
Hmm ok. I once downloaded something that made my Vista Home Premium able to show Vista Ultimate Dreamscenes on the desktop. I think it was called VistaDreamsceneForNonUltimate or something like that. It had a batch file, and by reading through it, I saw it renamed and replaced 2 files. The first file was "C:\Windows\System32\En-US\Themecpl.dll.mui" and the other file was "C:\Windows\System32\Themecpl.dll".
The batch file renamed them to "*.original" and placed the modified versions of them into the equilivant folders. To fix it, I simply went to the folders (with ADMINISTRATOR RIGHTS) and deleted those two files and renamed the original ones to their original names (file name WITHOUT ".original" attached to it).
A simple reboot made windows load up the correct files and thats how I did it :)

Cheers, don't mess with your system files unless you know what you do.. You might end up just like I did :)

Edited by helpme768, 17 March 2009 - 01:32 PM.

rxkevco

rxkevco

• PipPipPip
  • 461 posts
Cheers mate, , thankyou