Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Display problem in Gmail

• Please log in to reply

mrblue

mrblue

• PipPipPip
  • 125 posts
Hi

I have an Win XP SP3 laptop, and I'm using Googlemail in IE7. I've been using this email client for 6 months or so now, but a few months ago a new version came out. Whenever I click on "Contacts" to manage my contacts, a blank white space appears instead of the contacts. On rare occassions they mysteriously re-appear, but more often than not a blank space is displayed.

If I change back to the older version of googlemail, they all appear as normal.

I was wondering if this has anything to do with my weekly maintenance regime, which includes running CCleaner?

Apart from this theory, I have no idea why this is happening.

Can anyone help?

Advertisements

anzenketh

anzenketh

BSOD Warrior/Computer Surgeon

• Technician
  • 2,854 posts
mrblue,

First off I do not recommend running CCleaner due to it often times can get you into trouble and it really does not improve performance. Instead I would recommend using ATF Cleaner by Atribune.

Are you connecting to gmail via a persistent SSL connection?
Does it work in another browser like Firefox?

Edited by tuxmaster, 10 March 2009 - 07:42 PM.

mrblue

mrblue

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 125 posts
Thanks for your reply.

I've been using CCleaner now for a few years and never had a problem with it, but I shall try the other one you suggest.

No, I haven't tried it in any other browsers.

Going back to the old version of Gmail seems like it may be the only solution!