Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computer slows down after some time

• Please log in to reply

Iselore

Iselore

• Pip
  • 2 posts
My system specs are Intel C2D @ 3.0ghz
2GB RAM
Sapphire HD 4830
OS Windows XP Home edition

Everytime i start up my computer, i've noticed that after playing a game for some time, the loading starts to get really slow and my computer really starts to get choppy lags. This can be temporarily fixed by rebooting the comp, but the same thing would happen again(slow loading time after a while). I've tried cleaning registries and reinstalling windows, limiting the number of applications running in the background, but it still isn't fixed. Anyone got any idea what is happening here?

Edited by Iselore, 07 March 2009 - 04:05 PM.

Advertisements

Iselore

Iselore

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I've tried reformating the computer, but the problem still comes up, tried running chkdsk but it keeps getting stuck/taking forever in phase 4, does anyone have any idea what is happening here?

Edited by Iselore, 08 March 2009 - 10:09 AM.

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
Run hard drive diagnostics: http://www.tacktech....ay.cfm?ttid=287