Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

NEED HELP WITH HIBERNATING AND VOLUME CONTROL

• Please log in to reply

edmd

edmd

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
Hi, I recently had issues with malware and I got help at the Hijackthis forum and installed Firefox, that solved some of my issues but even before that
1) I have not been able to get the Hibernate option to complete, it says "Hibernating...." but it never shuts down, the screen freezes there and nothing happens.
2) In addition to that, I have lost the ability to control the volume from the button on my laptop, the only way I can turn it up/down or mute is by using the volume icon on windows. I would appreciate any help.
3) By the way, a third problem is that even from before installing Firefox I could not get Windows Internet Explorer to open, it freezes.... the only way I can browse the net is using Firefox, any ideas??

Thanks for ANY help.

Advertisements