Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Downgraded to XP Pro from Vista NEED DRIVERS!

• Please log in to reply

Ferrari

Ferrari

PC SURGEON

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,939 posts
Hi everyone,

A friend of mine with 33 years experience with computers and all, he offered to install windows xp pro for my friend because she did not like Vista at all. So we have XP up and running and all, but we can't find drivers for the notebook. From our research, several others have had this problem when they downgraded from vista to xp on this notebook. Here is the information we have, some is from everest, some from pc wizard, some from device manager, etc: (recognized different in some of those places???)

HP Pavilion dv6700 or dv6708 (6000 series?)

"Quatra 30CF" Motherboard with a "NVidia 560" chipset

Need drivers for OHCI Compliant IEEE 1394 Host Controller VEN _1180, DEV_0832

Standard 101/102-key or Microsoft Natural PS/2 Keyboard with HP QLB

Audio Device on High Definition Audio Bus: VEN _14F1, DEV _5051

3 Base System Devices??

VEN _1180, DEV _0592

VEN _1180, DEV _0843

VEN _1180, DEV _0852

Ethernet Controller VEN _168C, DEV _001C Everest calls it Atheros 802.11a/b/g Wireless Adapter oX

Modem Device on High Definition Audio Bus VEN _14F1, DEV_5051

We have been to HP support site and it doesn't provide much at all :)

I have googled and googled and googled and we are having little luck finding these drivers. My friend and I have come to here as a last resort. Hope you can help us.

Let me know if you need any additional information. Some links to possible drivers would be great.

Edited by Ferrari, 07 March 2009 - 06:52 PM.

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Typically you can feed an XP installation the drivers for Vista providing they are the drivers that are not for Vista SP1. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

According to HP the models you've provided aren't notebooks, they're desktop PCs.
Generic Nvidia drivers for the Nforce 560 which I presume is what you mean: http://www.nvidia.co...inxp_15.23.html

Ferrari

Ferrari

PC SURGEON

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,939 posts
Hi Neil,

We ended up using driver agent, and to my surprise, it found everything we needed. Thanks for the response. We had tried that download before, but it didn't work just so you know.

Thanks!