Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Is it a good idea to "Make My Files & Folder Private" wh

• Please log in to reply

S.O.A.D.A.

S.O.A.D.A.

• PipPipPip
  • 249 posts
That is, basically : )

I understand it encrypts certain files that are associated with my account, but I'm not sure which, and I'm not sure what the ramifications of this action are.

I know that if you need, for any reason, to re-install Windows (a repair installation) this might cause you to lose your encrypted files.... did a couple of searches on the net and on G2G, but found no answer to that.

Thanks,
SOADA

Advertisements

S.O.A.D.A.

S.O.A.D.A.

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 249 posts
The original title was: "Is it a good idea to "Make My Files & Folder Private" when setting or changing my account password. Didn't notice that it got truncated.....

The account in question is the only account on this machine, other than the default accounts created with an XP installation and a LogMeIn account I have.

Thanks,
SOADA