Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Audio Controller

• Please log in to reply

shellyshell

shellyshell

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi there,

I had to do a system recovery on my Gateway 6023GP notebook and I lost several drivers, I did have a disk with a few drivers and apps and installed those. I was missing my multimedia controller and I checked around and found out that I needed AC97 driver, I installed it but it doesn't work so I installed and uninstalled a few others, still no dice. Under device manager it's there with a big yellow exclamation point mocking me, when I check it out it says the device cannot not start Code 10, when I try to update it it says that there is no better driver for my computer. I also cannot find the ethernet driver or the PCI modem driver, does this affect it? I'm not too bothered cuz I have wireless so I can get online. I dont know what else to do, I've done everything the forums have said and Gateway is just totally useless. Alot of my schoolwork is watching videos online so I'm really screwed till I can fix it, PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!

I do have everest on my computer, just don't know which report would be helpful cuz some are pretty long, tell me what info I should copy off of it.

Thanks!!

Advertisements

shellyshell

shellyshell

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that the problem is sound, don't got none. My OS is Windows XP Pro. One more thing, my monitor shuts off randomly but the computer is still on and I can't get the monitor back unless I shut off the computer, thoughts? Anyone, anyone?

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
Open Everest.
In upper menu, go Report>Quick Report-Summary
Save it in text file, and paste it in your next post.
Don't include anything under the line Debug - PCI