Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

AMD 5000+ overclocking

• Please log in to reply

jbates

jbates

• Pip
  • 2 posts
hello,
im new to this forum but have been lurking for a while. i recently traded my laptop for a much better desktop. i have read the sticky about overclocking but am not sure where to put my first step. i would like to get a little bit more speed out of my computer but dont want to go to any extremes as to fry anything. i have 2 fans, one on the processor and one in the back of the case. i keep the dust down as much as possible. would i need another fan? where should i start?

also as a side note, is my graphics card worth a [bleep]? or should i spend just a little more and get a better one. i play a lot of first person shooters and it seems like Crysis Warhead was the only one i couldnt run all out on graphics.

thanks,
jay

dell inspiron 531
AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5000+ (2.61ghz)
4 gb DDR2 PC2-6400 (4x1gb)
NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT
dell 22" wide screen lcd
300gb internal 320gb external

Edited by jbates, 08 March 2009 - 08:58 AM.

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Dells have no overclocking facilities available so the ability isn't available to you, unfortunately.