Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Windows XP Pro the way it was

• Please log in to reply

dnestorjr

dnestorjr

• PipPip
  • 67 posts
Well with many people getting on my system & removing & adding things, a lot of default settings I liked about XP arent there, for instance, I used to be able to pop any kind of media in & autorun would run & ask me what to do. It no longer does this, same thing with flash media. How do I get some of the default settings back as if it were a clean install?

Other thing I Noticed is that when I go to my computer, the drives are no longer arranged with the little headings over them like this:
http://windows.uwate...puter1_Full.JPG

Edited by dnestorjr, 08 March 2009 - 09:15 AM.

Advertisements

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
Right-click your Cd drive in My Computer. click properties > aytoPlay. Check "prompt me each time to chose an action". Click Apply > OK.

To see "My Computer" in a different modes open My Computer and click View. There are 5 viewing options. Choose one that you like.

dnestorjr

dnestorjr

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
for the autoplay problem, I have tried what you stated, but none of the options I want are there, How do I add what I want?

And for the different views, no matter what I do I still cant get the view is in that picture in my 1st Post.

rosiesdad

rosiesdad

• PipPip
  • 64 posts
Go here, http://www.kellys-ko...m/xp_tweaks.htm look up topics on autorun and give them a try.