Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Need help with new CPU

• Please log in to reply

Brooksy92

Brooksy92

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I ordered the Intel Pentium Dual Core E5200 2.5GHz 2MB LGA775 800FSB and set it all up on my pc which is a Acer aspire E560-HB7L

Placed it in but when I turn the PC on it doesnít turn on the mouse or keyboard or show anything on the monitor is there anything Iím missing

when I put the original CPU in it works again

Is there something Iím missing to download?

I donít know to much about computers and stuff like that but if anyone can help please :)

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
A lot of boards don't POST at all with a processor they don't recognise.

This computer came out a while ago, two years ago or just over. The last BIOS update for it is December 2006.
That processor was available mainstream about nine months ago.

You can probably guess what I'm going to say next, but it's unlikely you'll get that processor working with that system.

Brooksy92

Brooksy92

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thanks for the help you give but

I dont relli know all that BIO stuff

so is it just that the CPU i got probably isnt compatible with my PC stuff...?

sorry i got no idea xD

i dont think i ever done anythin with my BIOs w.e that is -.-

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Which is what I've just said. The processor is too new for that computer so it will not work. So unless you buy a new motherboard and put it in that case and do a Windows Repair, you will not get the E5200 working on your computer.