Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Blue screen after windows loading screen

• Please log in to reply

soadfan09

soadfan09

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi,

I recently built a new computer (everything new but the hard drive) and I had everything working fine, then I tried to play a game and the computer crashed and restarted. So after not being able to get into Windows I reformatted.

Now I'm trying to reinstall Windows XP Home Edition and it will work all the way to the point where is says "Rebooting to finish setup" and it restarts and goes to the Windows loading screen and almost instantly blue screens and says.

Hard disk or hard disk controllers possibly corrupt or something

and I get the STOP error

0x0000007B (0xF78A2524, 0xc0000034, rest is all 0's)

I have managed to get past the blue screen before and when it was installing Windows it said "file asms missing please state the path" I have flashed the BIOS using the disk that came with my motherboard and I have removed the mobo battery and switched the jumpers. I have also ran chkdsk /r in the Windows Repair console and it says there are errors. Could it be the motherboard as my CD/DVD Burner and HD are both SATA?

Should I buy a new hard drive or is there a way I could possibly fix this?

Specs are:

ASUS M3A78-CM Motherboard
AMD Phenom 9850+ BE
4GB Corsair XMS 800 MHZ PC6400
WD 320GB HD
Zalman 9700 cooler
Antec 900 case
EVGA 9800GTX+ 512 MB

Thanks to anyone who offers any suggestion/help.

Advertisements