Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

windows 64 bit

• Please log in to reply

redcrypt

redcrypt

• PipPip
  • 64 posts
Im building a new comp and was wondering is windows xp 64 bit was any good. I heard its very difficult to do wireless with this. I really like XP Pro but have never really used Vista, I just dont want to have to learn a whole new OS and how it operates and where everything is. I also heard there are still bugs with Vista. Is there a noticeable difference in 32 and 64? Is there any performance benefits to Vista?

Advertisements

SomeCrazyStuff

SomeCrazyStuff

• PipPipPip
  • 401 posts
well take this into consideration.. windows 7 is going to be released before the end of the year probably and it is nothing but vista made better... vista was windows completely redesigned but windows 7 will be built on the same code that vista was made on.

i have never played with 64bit xp but i have vista ultimate 64bit and it seems to run ok now that many of the bugs have been worked out. it still has its problems (like memory management) but its tolerable.

Hope that helps!