Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Outlook 2000

• Please log in to reply

kjohn2

kjohn2

• Pip
  • 7 posts
I am runiing MS Office 2000. Outlook no longer sends and receives mail. I have talked to my internet provider and they say everything is correct. I recently re-installed it and outlook express keeps popping up. Please help. Also, the time of emails recently swiched to military time.

Edited by kjohn2, 08 March 2009 - 10:37 PM.

Advertisements

Mark D

Mark D

• PipPipPip
  • 341 posts
Howszit?

Check your control panel for the Internet settings, (Click on Start, Settings or Control panel, then Internet Options. Once in this control panel, click on the Program tab. See what program is set to handle your email. If it is not Outlook, change it by clicking on the down arrow.

Sometimes other programs will change these settings without asking you. If your OE is popping up, then it has probably been set to handle your emails. You should also see what programs are controlling your address book & calendar. If you re-installed your Outlook2000, you may need to re-establish your ISP settings, (user name, password and mail servers).

The military time is controlled by Regional Settings control panel. Go in there and change it back to normal.

Hope this helps...

Edited by Mark D, 24 March 2009 - 12:21 PM.