Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Did you know? - Sansa MP3 players

• Please log in to reply

tester01

tester01

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Did you know that your Sansa MP3 player will can boot at a Mass Storage device and read the thumbnail data from your MP3s?

I've tested this with the Sana View and Sana Fuze.

Turn on the MP3 player and flip on the key lock.
Now hold the left hand side of the directional wheel until you see a little lock appear on the screen.
While still holding to the left, plug in the USB cord.
That's it

It won't detect items on the player copied from the other format (usb device mode? I don't remember,I never use it)
It might have a little trouble putting all of the songs in one folder (I see some tracks getting their own alblum listing?)
But for a quick and easy way to get songs with PICTURES, this is great.

I learned this trick by calling Sansa tech support. I actually had an older version of XP that only picked up the device as a Mass Storage unit. On the newer computer, it did the other thing (only good thing is that it shows the battery life) and didn't copy any thumbnail pics over. I did not want to have to hunt and peck all my alblum art.

Soooooo.... Is that cool or what?

Edited by tester01, 09 March 2009 - 12:53 PM.

Advertisements