Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

overclocking my graphics card

• Please log in to reply

jbates

jbates

• Pip
  • 2 posts
hello,
i was informed i cannot overclock my processor because its a dell. what about my graphics card? i was told by a friend of mine it is possible. is it a difficult process? also, will it be worth the effort?
thanks,
Jay

NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Software programs are available to do this but overclocking anything can and often does shorten it's lifespan. Extreme overclocking can cut the life of the hardware in half.

Just because you "can" do it doesn't mean you have to or need to. You have a nice computer as it is, if we're talking about the system specs in your signature. Crysis Warhead from your other thread has painfully high system requirements for decent performance and if it's the only game you can't run on full detail, it may not be worth putting a new card in just for that if you don't play it regularly. You don't go and spend a small fortune putting a sunroof in the car and then go and live in a cold country where you can't use it, do you? :)

Edited by Neil Jones, 09 March 2009 - 04:33 PM.