Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

PC Freezing

• Please log in to reply

titan7342

titan7342

• PipPip
  • 94 posts
Hi everyone, I hope you all can help me. I have been trying to get an older pc up and running with windows xp but it keeps freezing. I have reformatted the hard drive and reinstalled windows XP newest service pack. XP has been installed before and it ran fine. My system is a Pentium 4 1.5Ghz. with 384 Mb Ram and an 80 Gig HD. Please help me I am stumped on this. What are some possible causes?

Advertisements

bloto21

bloto21

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
when it freeze when you try lounch some games or just on boot up ?? even when you dont touch computer it will freeze ??? check temp of proccessor graphic card, clean out all dust from case take out memory and give them quick clean in hands and put them back

titan7342

titan7342

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts
Thanks for the reply bloto. The pc freezes randomly, sometimes it will go hours without anything running and others times it will happen within a few minutes after booting up. I did a clean install of xp and I still get the same problem. I would imagine it has to be a hardware problem but I haven't changes anything in years.