Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

serious error message on pc

• Please log in to reply

radiorunner

radiorunner

• PipPip
  • 60 posts
i uninstalled & installed peoplepc dial up internet. was able to log into people pc a couple of times during which i was getting fat32 messages. thenpc shut down on its own. i guess it tripped the surge protector as i turned it back on & pc started up. got message from MS windows: the system has recovered from a serious error w/ an error report. when i opened peoplepc got message: a problem has been detected & windows has been shut down to protect....invalid_kernel_handle...restart computer, if this happens again uninstall & reinstall recent software. then got message about FAT32. attached is error report.

what do i do next? uninstall peoplepc? when i was unistalling peoplepc, the tech told me to remove some of the files on c drive.

i have an old compaq XP SP2. Thanks!

Attached Files

Advertisements

radiorunner

radiorunner

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
geekstogo staff: i am at the library logged on to find your response. also wanted to mention the c drive files peoplepc had me delete were things like:
peoplepc toolbar which reinstalled after i downloaded their software,
c:\Program Files\Common Files for peoplepc folder
c:\Program Files for peoplepc online folder

regards

radiorunner

radiorunner

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
as an update, i have not had the MS Windows message again "The system has recovered from a serious error" with error report attached to my post #1 below, nor have i had the message that windows has been shut down to protect....invalid_kernel_handle...restart computer, if this happens again uninstall & reinstall recent software. i have removed peoplepc software (although I see some of it is still ) & removed flashdisinfector.exe.

I will need to reinstall people pc & would like to reinstall flashdisinfector.exe---any idea which program was the culprit of these 2 problems? thanks