Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Firefox won't launch after 3.0.5 update

• Please log in to reply

bobbobagan

bobbobagan

• PipPipPip
  • 166 posts
Hi there,

I have been using Firefox for many years on all of my machines, and have never had any problems with them. Although as recently as the 3.0.5 update, I have not been able to launch Firefox on my Dell Inspiron 530 running Genuine Windows Vista Home Premium (x86).

I have tried all sorts of things, including using the uninstaller program 'Revo Uninstaller' which deletes all leftover files and registry settings, restarting the computer and then trying to reinstall Firefox... Although nothing seems to be working.

If I launch Firefox, I can see it running in the task manager, occuping about 3MB of RAM and no CPU time, although nothing appears on the screen.

Would anybody have any ideas on how to fix this strange problem?

Regards,

Bobbobagan

Advertisements