Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Which video card is better?

• Please log in to reply

fortune82

fortune82

• PipPipPip
  • 228 posts
I currently have a Crucial Radeon X1900GT, and want to upgrade to something a bit newer.

Crucial Specs

I found a brand new nVidia 9300 GS for $40. Is it better than my current card? and is it worth it?

Chipset GPU  Nvidia Geforce 9300 GS   
 Memory 512MB DDR2  
 Core Speed  567 MHz   
 Memory Speed  900 MHz   
 Interface PCI Express  
 Direct X Support DirectX 10   
 OpenGL OpenGL® 2.0  
 RAMDAC 400 MHz  
 Memory Bus  64 Bits   
 Output Ports D-SUB & DVI & HDTV Out  

NVIDIA® Unified Architecture 
 Fully unified shader core dynamically allocates processing power to geometry, vertex, physics or pixel shading operations, delivering up to 2X the gaming performance of prior generation GPUs 
 GigaThread™ Technology 
 Massively multi-threaded architecture supports thousands of independent, simultaneous threads, providing extreme processing efficiency in advanced, next generation shader programs 
 Full Microsoft DirectX 10 Support 
 World’s first DirectX 10 GPU with full Shader Model 4.0 support delivers unparalleled levels of graphics realism and film-quality effects 

NVIDIA® Lumenex™ Engine 
 Delivers stunning image and floating point accuracy at ultra-fast frame rate  
 16x Anti-aliasing 
 Lightning fast, high quality anti-aliasing at up to 16x sample rates obliterates jagged edges  
 NVIDIA® Quantum Effect™ Technology 
 Advanced shader processors architected for physics computation enable a new level of physics effects to be simulated and rendered on the GPU-all while freeing the CPU to run the game engine and AI 
 NVIDIA® ForceWare® unified Driver Architecture (UDA) 
 Delivers a proven record of compatibility, reliability and stability with the widest range of games and applications. ForceWare ensures the best out-of-box experience for every user and delivers continuous performance and feature updates over the life of NVIDIA GeForce GPUs 

OpenGL® 2.0 Optimizations and Support 
 Ensures top-notch compatibility and performance for Open GL applications.  
 NVIDIA® nView Multi-Display Technology 
 Advanced technology provides the ultimate in viewing flexible and control for multiple monitors.  
 PCI Express Support 
Designed to run perfectly with the PCI Express bus architecture, which doubles the bandwidth of AGP 8X to deliver over 4 GB/sc in both upstream and downstream data transfer 
 Built for Microsoft® Windows Vista 
 Nvidia’s fourth-generation GPU architecture built for Windows Vista gives users the best possible experience with the Windows Aero 3D graphical user interface 
 NVIDIA® PureVideo™ technology 
 The combination of high-definition video decode acceleration and post-processing that delivers unprecedented picture clarity, smooth video, accurate color and precise image scaling for movies and video

Edited by fortune82, 09 March 2009 - 08:33 PM.

Advertisements

Computech0115

Computech0115

• PipPip
  • 19 posts
Yes, in my opinion, I would say it is worth it, it has double the momory of your curent model and has a few extra perks.

Hope this helps!