Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

set up my pc protection in my limited RAM..

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

BennyZars

BennyZars

• Pip
  • 4 posts
my pc spec
pentium IV 1.7 GHZ
RAM 512mb
video card - ATI RADEOn 9550 128mb
hard disk - c,d,e (total of 120GB memory)
OS - windows xp

now my RAM is 512mb but the free memory is only 250+mb. i know how much free memory i have because of the tune up utilities 2009 memory optimizer. I already set my start up in msconfig. unchecked the unnecessary programs.

so my first question is. can you set up computer protection for me. for my computer with only 250+ available memory.
before, i tried internet securities like kaspesky and it slow down my computer.

heres my current protection software

1.)spyblaster - this one is good, consume a little bit of memory.
2.) spybot search and destroy - for spyware scanning and for the immunization features. ( i dont run tea timer because it consume 80mb of memory....)
3.) avira free edition - it consume up to 40mb of memory. i removed it temporarily because I want to try another anti virus that consume less memory but good. I tried the AVG free edition with the latest update. but its memory consumption is weird. the avg consume less memory (only 2k!!). but the system consume 60mb of memory. I uninstall it and my system memory usage drops to 3k only. im going to try avast.

to sum it up i got:

1.) spybot search and destroy
2.) spyblaster

so what other protection do you recommend/ prefer?. please build my protection security.

of course i need to upgrade my RAM. but for now i want to optimize everything in my limited RAM.

second question, how do i know if my OS works perfectly?. where and how can i check it?.

last question is how can i watch internet videos smoothly?.
when i watch youtube videos. it frequently pausing. it's not running smoothly. I already clean the temps, cookies etc. before, when we subscribe for internet connection, watch internet video for the first time. the videos runs perfectly and smoothly.

i thank you guys for your help in ADVANCE!. ^_^ please reply...

(sorry for posting it here, i already post it in the other part, geek talk but there are few people there..)

Edited by BennyZars, 10 March 2009 - 01:14 AM.

Advertisements

BHowett

BHowett

OT Moderator

• 4,649 posts
Please do not post your questions in more then one area just because you don't see anyone on line at the time. Someone will get to your topic when they can. If you have not had a response to a topic after 3 days then please go to the Waiting Room and read the pinned topic for instructions.