Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Windows installer problem:

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 8 posts
Hi, I have a computer problem. I bought a Lenovo that had Microsoft Office 2007 on it but not activated. I got Microsoft Office 2003 pro from a friend of mine that works on computers. Anyways, I couldn't configure my outlook properly (would get an error saying "not implemented") and the calendar says,"Unable to display the folder. Microsoft Outlook could not access the specified folder location." I thought it was because I had the other version of Microsoft office on there. So I went to add and remove programs and took Microsoft office 2007 off and when it started up, it erased all of the microsoft offices including 2007 (and 2003). So I system restored and it came back but now system installer pops up on powerpoint, and excel. It sometimes keeps popping up. I downloaded the Windows install cleanup but I'm not sure if I should erase anything. Now, I'm no longer in touch with my friend who had the cd for microsoft office 2003, so I can't reinstall. Any suggestions to get rid of the installer popup?