Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

CD-ROM is gone

• Please log in to reply

ultimate_zero

ultimate_zero

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
okay i'm having major problems with my cd-roms in windows xp pro. i put in a stick of 512 ram awhile ago and it wasen't compatable with my motherboard. so in the end i took out the stick of ram that doesn't work. after all the ram problems, the net result was that my cd-roms disappeared. they dont' appear in my computer anymore and i can't seem to get them detected in bios when they detect the master and slave. i swapped cd-rw's with my sis to see if that could help something get detected and it hasen't. i'm tried googling for solutions but the ones i tried haven't worked. has anyone got ne suggestions? i've checked for all loose cables. in device manager, IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers, i have primary and secondary IDE controllers, and SiS PCI IDE controllers. nothing there is flagged

Advertisements

nestorey

nestorey

• PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
try switching the IDE cables that you're using as well as where they are plugged in on the motherboard. if nothing else it will narrow down the problem a little...