Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Unable to load vista when new ram is installed.

• Please log in to reply

omar1812

omar1812

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi all,

I currently have windows vista with 2 gb of ram (both the same). I bought another 1gb recently(which is also the same) but once its installed and i turn on my comp, where you would expect vista to pop up and login - it just dosent load. A while later i get a blue screen if i leave it. I tried loading with safe mode/networking, which seems to work fine but i coudnt figure out the problem. I have done a mem test using vistas own software and it came up with no errors. When i am in safe mode and check my computer, it shows up that 3 gb is installed and working.

The ram is working and compatible with my system(checked on crucial), as i installed them seperately first and vista loaded fine. Just when i try to turn the comp on with more then 2 gb, vista dosent load. I have checked the internet for a few hours now but cudnt find anything to resolve the problem. Any help would be appreciated, thx in advance.

~Omar

Advertisements

bloto21

bloto21

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
check memory timings in bios and maybe there is bruteforce option to recognise dual channel just switch off or simply set timing to default and then try load up vista