Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

0x7 errors

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

john545

john545

• PipPip
  • 72 posts
Intermittantly on shutdown, I receive the message similar to "The instruction at "0x--------." Referenced memory at "0x0---------" The memory could not be written."

I close the window and the shutdown procedes smoothly.

But now on startup, I get the same message: The instruction at "0x77f580db." Referenced memory at "0x00000000" The memory could not be written." The window appears multiple times with different references such as 0x75605775, 76f6110c, etc.

Windows seems to boot fine, but startup programs. especially those that normally appear in the sys tray(McAffee, volumne, etc) are launching much slower.

I've checked the event viewer in control panel, and there are System error messages from the "Service Control Manager" and "DCOM", and there were Application errors from "PerfNet", as well as a few other miscellaneous sources.

Im running a Xp FP1 on a P4 3.2Hz, with 768Mb of RM that seems to at 40-60% utilization. I've run Everest which shows a HD temp of 104 degrees.

Help !! ?? :)

Thanks for your time and suggestions.

John

Edited by john545, 11 March 2009 - 12:20 AM.

Advertisements

john545

john545

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
This thread can be closed.

Discovered a NTOSKRNL-HOOK trojan, so I've moved this to the malware section. I hope thats the cause of my problem :)

Edited by john545, 11 March 2009 - 08:33 PM.