Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Key Board Not Working

• Please log in to reply

Robyncr

Robyncr

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
This is really a doozie, I have a Dell Comp. and I am not real happy about that. Any way, I had a problem with my C D Burner so I called Dell it cost me 50 bucks to have them not fix it... I ended up buying a new Burner but before I did that the guy I was on the phone with had asked me if I wanted to purchase a extended warranty for a $150.00 I told him no, so he had me download this program that allows a Dell Assoc. to enter your computer and try to fix the problem well he couldn't fix it so I ordered a new one, and at this point my Key Board was working fine and had always been working with no problems what so ever. That night after being on the comp. and phone with the guy from Dell, I went to use my Key Board and nothing, I tried another key board and nothing, I tried my key board on another comp. and it works fine . I have tried to plug it in other USB ports and nothing. What really doesn't make sence is the key board works in the Bios. I called Dell and told them the whole story and they said it was a software issue and if I wanted to pay $140.00 they would fix it, I kind of told them where to go, cause it was working fine until there guy was all over in my comp.doing who knows what. I'm hoping some one knows what I can do without having to go through Dell. To anyone who cares about GOOD Customer Service then don't buy a Dell. Also if your wondering how I typed this I am using the key board in Accessibility in Win. XP not a bad option but not as good as the real thing.Thank you in advance.

Robyn

Edited by Robyncr, 11 March 2009 - 12:41 AM.

Advertisements

bloto21

bloto21

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
maybe he switch off keyboard ?? from device manager. Just run computer on boot up keep pressing f8 and choose safe mode and run computer in that mode and check that it work or no if not will left you to use some other accounnts this mean remote control. Anyway it should work everything is safe mode :) and check device manager in my computer propertis also you can check registry and other. Or better way run in safe mode log in to adminstrator account copy all important files and format that partition :) if you are begginner that will be better and much faster from searching :)

Robyncr

Robyncr

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
ok I did all that you said except for partitioning and registery wasn't sure what to do there. The key board does not work in safe mode and when the Dell guy went on my comp. he did not go through remote he had me down load a program called Dell in service when he was done it went with him. I don't want to do a reinstall cause I will lose everything on my comp. I tried a system restore, that didn't work either, the guy from Dell said it was a software problem, do you know what he would be talking about? Anything else in helping with this problem would be appreciated. Thanks.