Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Error while trying to install Microsoft Office 2007.

• Please log in to reply

cruzerkk

cruzerkk

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
When I install MS Office Pro 2007 the installation completes upto three fourth, and then i get an error message saying
Error 1310. Error writing to file : D:\ Program Files\ Microsoft Office \Office12\Groove\ ToolData\groove.net\GrooveForms4\attention.gif. Verify that you have access to that directory.
And it starts rolling back the changes.
What should i do?

Advertisements

mikehowse

mikehowse

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Check out this link. It will not solve the problem but it will explain why. Everyone that gets this error need to report it to Microsoft so they will release a fix.
http://www.vistax64....installers.html
The Squeaky Wheel is the one that get the oil! :)
Mike

Edited by mikehowse, 06 May 2009 - 10:50 PM.

Spooler

Spooler

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Just a reminder: When one installs Microsoft Office 7, the Spell Check is in FRENCH AND GERMAN ONLY In OUTLOOK
AND OUTLOOK EXPRESS. . If one is on 2003, that spell check gets wiped out.

DragonMaster Jay

DragonMaster Jay

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 826 posts
Welcome to Geeks to Go -- to all of you above! :)

cruzerkk, please answer the following questions:

what operating system do you run?

were you running as the computer administrator when trying to install?

did you right click on the setup file and click Run as Administrator? Running the disk as autorun may not work because we may need to manage the setup to run as administrator.

have you ever had a history with installing programs and they came badk with an Access Denied?

ne0h

ne0h

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
hey what you can do during the second step of installation use the customize option and uncheck groove option.
even i had got the same error..
well it happens with MS office 07 because sometimes the files are not extracted properly or are not expanded properly...