Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

windows cab files for when upgrading to outlook 2003

• Please log in to reply

compgal

compgal

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I just installed a new system with Windows XP Pro and had to install Office 2003 because the company I am working with can only support that version. I was previously using Windows 2000 which had been upgraded from Windows 98. I copied the files from my old hard drive onto an external hdd. I then tried to copy the old Outlook files into Outlook 2003 with no success. For some reason, it did not recognize the .cab outlook files. Maybe someone knows how I can get my address book, etc. from the old version.

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
to my knowledge outlook has never stored any of the address book or contacts in cab files....if it's OUTLOOK and not outlook EXPRESS then the files should be stored in pst files....do a file search for *.pst to locate any old pst files.....then in outlook you can use the import/export wizard (from the file menu) to import those pst files into the 2003 profile