Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

98SE

• Please log in to reply

chazzye

chazzye

• PipPip
  • 38 posts
:) I tried to format my 98se disk to upgrade it to XP. I managed to erase the disk,(hope that wasn't a mistake) but when I tried to install XP I get the message: invaild disk. remove disk and hit any key". How can I fix this or if I can not, will I be able to re-install 98?

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
how are you trying to install XP? where did the disk come from? what does the disk look like?

chazzye

chazzye

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
The disk came from a friend. it's Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Including Service Pack 1.
I was told I just had to get rid of 98 and install this CD.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
well your friend would be slightly wrong.....you can't borrow your friend's XP disk without having YOUR OWN valid XP license....you're going to need to go out and BUY xp if you want to install it on your computer

chazzye

chazzye

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
Thanks, I kinda figured that is what I would have to do.