Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

iTunes corrupted files

• Please log in to reply

WildaNdCrazy

WildaNdCrazy

• PipPip
  • 29 posts
Okay so here is what happened. I was listening to music then the power went out, and when turning the computer back on and opening iTunes, my library was gone. And two files called, "iTunes Library Extras.itdb" and "iTunes Library Genius.itdb" are in the trash can. So I just decided to put my music back into iTunes, but everyone i close and reopen iTunes the songs are gone. It's been like this for weeks now, and I just tried to delete the "iTunes" folder, which is located in any desired folder (not the one that's in program files). But I get an error saying, "Cannot delete iTunes: The directory is not empty." and it's not, because when I tried moving another library in there, it said there was already a file with the same name located in there. But the thing is, when checking the properties, it said the file size was 0. So if anyone has had the same problem and has fixed it, or know of the problem or could possibly help me, I'm up for any ideas, I have a hard time not being able to listen to my music. :)
Thanks in advance.

Advertisements

Artellos

Artellos

Tech Secretary

• Global Moderator
  • 3,915 posts
Hello WildaNdCrazy,

I am really sorry about the huge delay!

Sounds like a really interesting problem here.. A couple of options shoot to mind.
Now, I don't use iTunes myself so please correct me if I seem to give any bad advice :)

Have you tried going into Safe Mode to remove the libraries?
Have you tried to remove iTunes completely through Add/Remove Programs?
And last but not least, if those 2 don't give the desired effect, try doing the following:

Remove iTunes from Add/Remove Programs
Reboot
Remove remaining iTunes folders
Reboot
Re-Install iTunes
Reboot
Try to play some music

I hope these are some steps to get us one step closer to solving this.

Regards,
Olrik