Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

How to get Syslog event from Firewall on two differnt Applications

• Please log in to reply

Mobi

Mobi

• PipPip
  • 52 posts
Hi guyz,

Hope you are all fine.

We have deployed a firewall on our network. Its a ASA-5510 Cisco product. We have deployed an application Firewall analyzer which get the events generated at the firewall and provide us the details of the events. Now We have another application GFI Event Manager which we have used to collect the events from the critical system and servers for centralized logging and monitoring. I have seen that GFI Event Manager also support the syslog events, so I was thinking to configure the GEI Event Manager so that I can also collect the firewall events from the Cisco firewall.

When I talked to some people I came to know that firewall cannot support this feature i.e. you cannot redirect or get the events generated on the firewall to two different applications which in this case are the GFI Event Manager and Firewall Analyzer. Can you guys help me with that and provide me your comments on how to resolve this issue or it cannot be solved?

Thanks in advance.

Advertisements