Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

MS Word printing incorrectly

• Please log in to reply

GA Nana

GA Nana

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I am using MS Word 2002 to make a document on 6"x8" paper. I changed the paper size using "custom size" in the page setup menu. I also changed all the printing settings I could find. My margins are 1" on each side, 1.75" on the top and 2.25" on the bottom, and the text is all centered. When I use print preview it shows up perfectly.

I have an HP psc 2100 series. On it, I have to load the paper all the way to the right, the same as if I were loading envelopes (which I have never had problems with). When I print, however, I get the message "The margins of section 1 are outside the printable area of the page. Do you want to continue?" If I say yes, it prints the text all the way to the right of the page with a .25" margin, and the text is still "centered" (that is, it is not right justified).

Any ideas?

Advertisements