Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

No Boot

• Please log in to reply

mrmaxey

mrmaxey

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
hello,

something happend to my hard disk its totally empty now. (looks like its ntfs) its not fat32 so not possible to install on.
even if i place the cd it will boot it says configuration blabla then just go's back to a black screen.
i used boot drives. still dont work.. im outta idea's..

someone help me out please

Advertisements

wizzy2k5

wizzy2k5

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,057 posts
Hello mrmaxey

Firstly it does not matter what file system you have (FAT, NTFS) you can still install but firstly I would like to ask a few questions.
  • Was anything strange happening before this happened?
  • Does the hard drive show up in the bios?
To get access to the bios press F2 or delete upon bootup.

Regards

mrmaxey

mrmaxey

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
wel my brother confessed me he used a partition program to delete the partition he dont know what he used tho.
meanwhile i tryed everyrthing even hooked up a floppy disk from my moms pc haha.
still aint able to boot.
even when i placed a repair cd
it booted got the blue screen with windows setup but it gets stuck there.....

when i look at my cmos features i see this:
primary ide master: [pioneer dvd rw dvd-]
primary ide slave: [HL-DT-stdvd-rom gdr8]
sata 1 master [none]
sata 3 slave [none]
sata 2 master [wdc wd1600jd-22hbb0]
sata 4 [none]

i dont think this is good :) o well you guys are the experts so please more suggestions :)

wizzy2k5

wizzy2k5

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,057 posts

wel my brother confessed me he used a partition program to delete the partition he dont know what he used tho.

when i look at my cmos features i see this:
primary ide master: [pioneer dvd rw dvd-]
primary ide slave: [HL-DT-stdvd-rom gdr8]
sata 1 master [none]
sata 3 slave [none]
sata 4 [none]

Hello mrmaxey

If your brother has deleted a partition and this had your main operating system on it you will no longer be able to load into it and thus all data will be lost. Your hard drive is showing up in the bios so theres a good start.
Although it shows there it does not mean that it maybe going faulty so I would like you to run a few tests on the hard drive. I have searched "wd1600jd" and the tool which you need to run this test can be found here. You need the 5th one down called Data Lifeguard Diagnostic for DOS and in the cd form. Please read their instructions before running the software as this tells you what you need to do.

Regards

mrmaxey

mrmaxey

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
yeah cool i tryed it readed it but well did not do any action at all :) still a drive that wont work.. imma gonna buy a new one hope it works then..

mrmaxey

mrmaxey

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
its fixed like i thought xp couldnt read what was necesary for a install i dont really know what it was but i think it was sata bs.
anyways now i have vista black edition hate vista but my pc atleast works :)

i wanna give props to
wizzy2k5

for helping me out :)