Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

.exe file extensions keep or delete

• Please log in to reply

candysue

candysue

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
when I download a new thing I first get a file on my desk top that is a "starter or Loader" ( I guess that's what it is) that I must click on to down load the program and get it going. Once the application or program is up and running what do I do with the file that came first with the .exe extension. I've been putting them all in a folder in "my documents" not knowing what else to do.

THANK YOU!!! I know this is probably a novice question, but I have done a search and can't find where anyone else has asked the question.

Advertisements

makai

makai

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts
Hello candysue,

You have a Malware thread in progress. Please complete whatever needs to be done in that thread before attempting to move forward. The Malware expert has already indicated that you do not have Malware, however, he is willing to assist you in cleaning up your computer and getting it to run very nicely. Please ask him to assist you with this issue also. Things can get very confusing if you have too many people giving you advice all at once.

Thanks,
makai

candysue

candysue

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
thank you, I will do that.